Aldwickbury School is looking to appoint a full-time Grounds Supervisor to join their busy Estates Team. You will be responsible for the proactive management of the school grounds, including playing fields, gardens and Forest School.
- To maintain and service all equipment including machinery, goals, nets, and associated equipment.
- To ensure all machinery is inspected both prior to and after use.
- To maintain the cleanliness and hygiene of all ground staff working areas.
- To deliver the safe use, storage, correct calibration and disposal of pesticides and other similar chemicals and train all ground staff in the correct use of such chemicals and pesticides and take corrective action wherever and whenever necessary.
- To maintain accurate records of all processes including but not limited to fertilizer applications, verti-drain procedures and fungicide treatments.
- To ensure the machinery register and service records are kept fully up to date.
- To be responsible for all aspects of preparing and maintaining a works programme to ensure the pitches and other playing/ training surfaces are of the highest standard.
- To liaise weekly with all users in respect of pitch rotation and usage and their preferred programme for the next 10 days.
- Caring for and maintaining the sports pitches including liaising with the Director of Sport and games teachers as to ensure that, wherever possible, the surfaces are available to meet the requirements of the fixtures programme. These include all-weather tennis and sports pitches.
- Maintaining and managing the hard landscape and garden areas.
- Supporting the maintenance of forest school.
- Liaising with the Estates Manager on any issues relating to the grounds.
- Being responsible for the day-to-day health and safety needs of the department and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
- Preparing departmental risk assessments, COSHH documents and machinery maintenance records.
- Advising key stakeholders on play and no play decisions.
- Being responsible for trees and their maintenance and external fences.
- Maintaining pathways and access points.
- Delivering snow and ice clearance of pathways and roads as required.
- Delivering friendly, informed and responsive communication in line with normal expectations of the Grounds Supervisor role.
- Full driving licence
- Pesticides Application PA1, PA2
- NVQ levels 2/3 or technical diploma in relevant specialism
- Experience/ qualification in using and maintaining a chainsaw
Knowledge and Experience
- Background in sports grounds maintenance (Cricket grounds would be advantageous)
- Working on own initiative, setting targets, monitoring outcomes, achieving results and working towards a process of continuous improvement
- Experience in a school environment is desirable but not essential
- Self motivated and able to get things done correctly and on time with minimal direction
- Able to work off own initiative
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Highly motivated, maintain high standards
- Needs to be a strong team player
- Good sense of humour
- Have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and adhere to and comply with the School's Child Protection Policy statement at all times
School data powered by Pressburst
Wheathampstead Road, Harpenden, AL5 1AE
- 386 Day Boys (4-13)
- IAPS, ISC
01582 713022 www.aldwickbury.org.uk
Closing Date: 05 June 2023
- Powered by Pressburst and Sherbert Jobs
- Advertise a job
- Terms & Privacy