Music / Performing Arts Teacher (Whole School)
BESA is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Music / Performing Arts Teacher to join our outstanding team from September 2021. BESA offers a generous salary, professional development and benefits package inclusive of dependents.
The British Embassy School Ankara is an award-winning British International School situated in the grounds of the British Embassy in Ankara, Turkey. The school follows both the English National Curriculum and the International Primary & Middle Years Curriculum for pupils from Nursery to Year 9. Children at BESA are happy and achieve high academic standards.
The school was established in 1959 and is delightfully situated in modern buildings set in a rolling landscape of playgrounds and woodland in the heart of Turkey’s capital city.
BESA is a member of the Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS), a founding member of the Black Sea Schools Group and an accredited member of the Council of British International Schools (COBIS).
We are regularly inspected by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. You can read our most recent ISI report and find a lot more information about the school by visiting our school website www.besaturkey.org
BESA is currently seeking an outstanding Music / Performing Arts Teacher (Whole School) to join our team from September 2021. This position is a full-time role and is initially contracted until the end of August 2023.
In return we can provide a competitive package including: generous salary comparable to UK STPCD pay scales, personal professional development allowance, health insurance and additional benefits in line with the school’s pay and conditions policy. Our package also includes provision for up to 2 dependent children.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a fully qualified teacher with at least 2 years of experience working in the UK or in a British International School
- Be an experienced Music teacher with experience teaching across the Primary and Secondary age ranges.
- Be experienced in delivery of the English National Curriculum (Experience of IPC / IMYC is desirable)
- Be experienced in organisation of extra-curricular activities and have experience in organising & leading music performance and singing across the school
- Have excellent planning, organisation and communication skills
- Be able to lead non-specialist colleagues and work as part of a team,
- Be confident in the use of ICT & Music Technology to enhance children’s learning
- Be committed to regular and on-going professional development
- Be a fluent English speaker
BESA is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to full Criminal record & Prohibition checks.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Please return a fully completed application form, criminal record declaration and pre- employment health assessment by Friday 22nd January.
BESA reserves the right to interview suitable candidates ahead of the closing date. Early applications are therefore advised.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.