Head of Science
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an able and inspiring Head of Science to lead our highly successful Science Department.
Caldicott is one of the country’s most prestigious Independent Boarding and Day Preparatory Schools for Boys. We are a flourishing school with around 250 boys from 7 to 13 years old, with a five-day week in Year 3 & Year 4, Saturday School from Year 5 and all boys weekly board in Year 7 & Year 8. We deliver a first-class education, sporting provision and a rich variety of music, drama, arts and extracurricular opportunities in a friendly and supportive working environment. The school is only twenty miles from central London in a beautiful location.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an able and inspiring Head of Science to lead our highly successful Science Department. This full time position is for a person who has a degree in Science (or equivalent) and qualified teacher status. S/he should have a genuine passion for Science and a desire to inspire this in others. Able to foster a supportive, dynamic, professional department you should also be eager to continuously develop your own teaching skills, enjoy leading and sharing ideas with colleagues and collaborating across departments. The position requires experience of upper KS2/KS3 Science and an interest in teaching scholarship classes would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
· Be an enthusiastic and effective Head of Department who is adept at developing and nurturing a successful team;
· have a passion for Science and Science teaching;
· have a proven track record of success that would add to Caldicott’s academic culture;
· be equally at home teaching those who find the subject hard and those who work at a level above their age group;
· be experienced in preparing pupils for scholarship to top independent schools; and
· have excellent interpersonal skills, resilience, and the ability to work as a part of a team.
An ability to teach a second, core subject would be advantageous.
All Year 7 & 8 either weekly or full board so boarding is an important part of our culture and over 95% of boys leave at 13+ to the UK’s top boarding schools. The successful candidate must show a desire to play a full and active role, including contributions to pastoral care and extra-curricular activities.
Caldicott is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
School data powered by Pressburst
Farnham Royal, Slough, SL2 3SL
- 123 Day Boys (7-13)
- 128 Boarding Boys (9-13)
- IAPS, ISC
01753 649 300 www.caldicott.com
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
- Powered by Pressburst and Sherbert Jobs
- Advertise a job
- Terms & Privacy