Required for November 2019. We are seeking an enthusiastic classroom assistant to join the committed, professional team in our busy Pre-Prep Department (3-6 year-olds).
Required for November 2019. We are seeking an enthusiastic classroom assistant to join the committed, professional team in our busy Pre-Prep Department (3-6 year-olds). NNEB Level 3 or Teaching Assistant Training Level 3 desirable but not essential. Please complete the application form which can be found on the Danes Hill School website under careers and email or by post to Pre-Prep, Danes Hill Pre-Prep School, Bevendean, Steels Lane, Oxshott, KT22 0QQ. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 16 October. Interviews for short-listed candidates will be Thursday 17 October 2019.
Danes Hill School Pre-Prep (Bevendean) is situated in the heart of Oxshott village with easy access to the M25/A3. The children at Bevendean are aged between 3 to 6 years and there are approximately 230 children in Bevendean. Pre-Prep has a thriving environment with strong links with the Main School which is just situated a short walk away. Pre- Prep has outstanding facilities, including a swimming pool, a new ICT suite and access to the Paddock where Forest School is part of the curriculum. You would be joining a friendly and enthusiastic team and have the ability to enjoy the amazing free school lunches!
Danes Hill is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
DANES HILL SCHOOL
Job Description for Pre-Prep Teaching Assistant
To support the form teacher in the delivery of the curriculum and pastoral care of the children.
1. Directly responsible to the form teacher, Head of Year, Head of Section and Headmaster.
2. Directly responsible for ensuring resource provision as directed by the form teacher.
3. Other supervisory responsibilities – the supervision of small groups or individual children under the direction of the form teacher; playground and lunchroom supervision as requested.
4. Pastoral care of the children.
This job description serves to indicate a range of duties and level of responsibility involved. It is not necessarily exhaustive.
Under the direction of the form teacher:
1. Hear children read on a daily basis, to keep accurate records and to liaise frequently with form teacher with regard to each child’s progress.
2. To participate in the planning of programmes of study for groups of pupils.
3. To assist in the preparation and adaptation of teaching materials, worksheeets, etc, which facilitate pupils’ access to the curriculum; to ensure the general tidiness and stimulating appearance of the classroom.
4. To assist with procedures for the monitoring, assessment and recording of the pupils’ progress.
5. To contribute, where appropriate, to any multi-disciplinary discussion of pupils’ needs/progress.
6. To participate in relevant staff development activities. (INSET)
7. To move from class to class if required to do so by the Head of Section or Headmaster.
8. To respond to children’s needs for support where appropriate, both academically and pastorally.
9. To support the Headmaster, the Head of Section and other staff in the maintenance of discipline and a caring ethos throughout the school.
10. To supervise late club participants on a rota basis until 4:20pm.
1. To treat as confidential all matters relating to the personal progress or circumstances of individual children, members of staff and parents.
2. To attend all departmental meetings such as sports days, parents’ sessions etc including the evenings and weekends and any major school functions requested by the Head of Section or Headmaster.
3. To support and promote the name of Danes Hill in a loyal and confidential manner.
4. To be aware of and accept all conditions in the Staff Handbook.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.