Marketing and Communications Manager
The Marketing and Communication manager is a new role at Elstree School. We are seeking a proactive and imaginative marketing manager with a creative flair. The role offers a wide range of hands-on experience across the marketing spectrum.
Part-time, term time only plus 10 days
20 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
The Marketing and Communication manager is a new role at Elstree School. We are seeking a proactive and imaginative marketing manager with a creative flair. The role offers a wide range of hands-on experience across the marketing spectrum, including assisting with the preparation of high-quality marketing materials, involvement in the development of the school website and social media campaigns and assisting with the organisation of events throughout the school year.
We welcome applications from candidates with experience in marketing, reprographics, PR or communications. Knowledge of MS Office is essential and it would be advantageous for candidates to have experience of WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, and website analytic tools such as Google analytics.
You should be a self-motivated individual, possessing a high level of attention to detail and accuracy in your work, as well as excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities. There is some flexibility over the days and hours worked.
Aim of the Role
The aim of the role is to increase the profile and name of Elstree across a wide catchment area, creating original and engaging contact to reach our target audiences
• The effective marketing and communications to all stakeholder including prospective parents, current parents, and alumni;
• Managing the school’s website and related social media, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram advertising campaigns together with the development of video on these platforms;
• Support in creating marketing material (newsletter, brochures, posters, school magazine, flyers, etc.) to promote the school;
• Conduct competitive environment research to benchmark the activities of the School against local and regional competitors;
• Maintenance of the photo library documenting the activities of the school;
• Developing relationships with businesses such as estate agents and the wider community to raise the profile of the school and support recruitment.
• To establish a good reputation and rapport with local nurseries and schools. To extend links into the wider community and to find ways of reaching out to parents moving out of state education;
• Liaison with the local and national press. Production of newspaper articles and advertisements together with attending events/marketing fairs etc;
• Supporting and coordinating Outreach and marketing events with local and London Nurseries and Primary Schools;
• To attend some school functions such as Open Mornings. These may include some evenings or weekend periods.
The Marketing and Communications Manager reports to the Registrar.
We are looking for someone with experience of dealing with a range of people and groups. The successful applicant will be positive, responsive, have a flexible attitude to work and be able to communicate easily with colleagues and parents. Honesty, integrity and confidentiality are essential qualities for the role.
• You are most welcome to include a short hand-written letter for the attention of the Headmaster, to develop and expand upon your suitability for the post. Short-listed candidates will be asked to attend an interview at the School.
• The deadline for receipt of completed applications 19th April 2019. Interviews will take place from the 25th April 2019.
• If you are interested in applying for this post, the relevant documents can be found on the school website http://www.elstreeschool.org.uk/about-us/staff-vacancies/
Elstree is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be requested to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring and Service Check.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.