Farleigh School seeks to appoint an enthusiastic and well organised Science Technician, to provide technical support to the Science department.
The Science Technician will contribute to the pupils’ learning by assisting with the preparation, setting up, clearing away and storing of materials and apparatus for practical work.
The successful candidate will:
· Hold a GCSE English, Maths and Science or equivalent and a recognised qualification in Science at A Level or above
· Previous technical science/laboratory experience is desirable but not essential
· Demonstrate an awareness of stock control and keeping records procedures
· Demonstrate an awareness of standard procedures e.g., making up standard chemical solutions
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations in the laboratory and up to date knowledge of changes in legislation
· Have excellent planning and organisational skills with a flexible approach to the management of work
· Have the ability to prepare key stage 3 Chemistry/Biology/Physics practical following the CLEAPSS and other health and safety guidelines
· Ability to work well in busy environments with students
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral and the ability to communicate effectively with staff and students
· Good practical skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative and with resilience
· Self-motivating with the ability to multi-task
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to enthuse and motivate others
· Be confident in the use of technology for educational delivery and be competent in undertaking the IT-related tasks
· Be willing to uphold and support the Catholic ethos of the school
This position is a term time only role, working 30 hours per week, between 9am and 3pm, Monday to Friday. Plus, an additional 3 hours between 9am to 12pm on the 20 Saturdays a year where the children are in school.
The successful candidate will receive a renumeration package which includes:
· An actual salary of £13,912 per annum based on £11 per hour
· Payment for 28 days paid holiday entitlement is included within the salary
· Membership of the school pension scheme
· Access to an employee assistance programme
· An outstanding working environment in a beautiful setting
· Happy, enthusiastic pupils who enjoy learning
· Opportunities to be involved in the wider school community
· Supportive colleagues
· A strong sense of community
· Free school meals during working hours in term time
· Access to staff social events
· Training and development opportunities
To commence in September 2022 or as soon as possible (subject to the completion of pre-employment checks)
Interviews will be held with shortlisted candidates shortly after application
If you would like to apply for the position of Science Technician, please complete the support staff application form and return it to the HR Manager at email@example.com or, for an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Human Resources department on 01264 712863.
Farleigh School reserves the right to appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
Farleigh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection Screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure.