Uniform Shop Manager
Farleigh School seeks to appoint an experienced retail professional to the role of School Uniform Shop Manager.
They will manage and oversee the delivery of an operationally efficient Uniform and School shop provision which provides all parents and pupils with an excellent experience.
The successful candidate will be a friendly and confident communicator who enjoys delivering excellent customer service and pastoral support to parents and pupils.
The successful candidate will:
· Have previous retail experience or transferable experience
· Have experience of managing a small team of paid staff and volunteers
· Demonstrate excellent verbal communication skills
· Have excellent sewing skills
· Be confident in reviewing costs, pricing and profitability, and making recommendations to implement changes in conjunction with the School Accountant
· Have strong administration and organisation skills
· Be competent in using IT packages and databases appropriate to the position
· Ideally (but not necessarily) have experience of working in a school environment
Please review the job description for a more comprehensive list of responsibilities.
This is a part time, all year-round position working on average 20 hours per week. However, due to the flexible nature of the role and to meet the requirements of the school, hours during term time and just prior to the beginning of each term will be higher, with working hours reducing during the school holiday periods.
During term time the School Shop’s is open between 8am to 12pm on Monday and Wednesday
1.30pm to 5.30pn on a Friday. In addition, parents are able to make appointments outside these times where appropriate.
The successful candidate will receive a renumeration package which includes:
· A part time salary of £14,466 per annum, based on the full time equivalent of £27,124 (37.5 hours)
· Membership of the school’s pension scheme
· Free school meals during term time
· 28 days paid annual leave plus paid bank holidays
· Free car parking
· Supportive colleagues and a friendly team environment
· A beautiful setting in which to work
· Access to staff social events
Closing date – 12th August 2022
Interviews will be held in late August 2022 or early September 2022
If you would like to apply for the position of School Uniform Shop Manager, please complete the support staff application form and return it to the HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or, for an informal conversation about the role, please contact the Human Resources department on 01264 712863.
Farleigh School reserves the right to appoint at any time in the recruitment process.
Farleigh School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant(s) must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection Screening, including references from past employers and an enhanced DBS disclosure.