Design Technology Teacher
Reporting to the Deputy Head (Head of Prep) and the Head Master, you will have responsibility for leading the teaching and learning of Design Technology within Hallfield school.
• Design a curriculum to meet the needs of the pupils for Design Technology.
• Assess and monitor the pupils in line with the school’s assessment framework, giving feedback to pupils, parents and form teachers on the progress pupils make, setting targets and ‘next steps’ in learning
• To manage a delegated budget in line with the school’s Director of Finance, ensuring best value
• Prepare materials, equipment and resources for lessons
• To prepare departmental resources where it is appropriate and cost-effective to do so.
• In liaison with the curriculum for design and technology to undertake the necessary ordering of items of stock, checking deliveries and ensuring suitable storage and stock.
• To undertake routine maintenance of workshop equipment and to maintain all equipment and utensils in good working condition.
• To ensure that equipment and working areas are kept in clean and tidy order, specifically after lessons
• Ensure pupil work is available in a timely fashion using specialist equipment.
• Prepare, operate and set up equipment and materials required for demonstrations and class practical work. (This will include the preparation of class sets of equipment, weighing ingredients, etc.)
• Create displays in class/exhibitions/school
• Learning activities ensuring health and safety and good behaviour of pupils.
• Monitor and arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies.
• Ensure the organisation, maintenance, ordering and collection of supplies of both food and equipment
• Operation of equipment in accordance with instructions.
• ICT skills: helping pupils with specific software packages
• Working with pupils in specialist areas when needed
• Setting up moderation of work
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.