Hallfield School is one of the country’s premier day coeducational prep schools and enjoys an outstanding reputation. The post of Prep Teacher is required to provide a high-quality education experience for all children.
• To plan and deliver the teaching programme for all pupils assigned to you with regard to the school's aims, policies and schemes of work (as provided by the Head of Department).
• To provide clear structures for lessons and for sequences of lessons, which maintain pace, motivation and challenge.
• To make effective use of assessment information on pupils’ attainment and progress and in planning future lessons.
• To ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals (differentiation) establishing high expectations of behaviour and attainment, so that teaching objectives are met.
• To monitor and intervene when teaching to ensure sound understanding and learning is taking place among all pupils.
• To use a variety of teaching and learning styles to keep all pupils engaged.
• To be familiar with the Special Needs policy with regard to identification, assessment and support of those pupils requiring additional help; and to follow the set referral of children.
• To be familiar with the Gifted and Talented Policy with regard to identification and provision of task for such pupils.
• To evaluate teaching (critically) retrospectively in order to improve future effectiveness.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.