Lunchtime Supervisor (Part Time, Term Time)
Hampton Pre-Prep & Prep
£12.43 per hour
The School Lunchtime Supervisor is responsible for supervising children in the dining room and playground. To assist with serving food and to maintain health and safety standards at all times.
On a daily basis the School Lunchtime Supervisor is responsible to the Head of Pre-Prep and the Deputy Head Pastoral.
Principle duties are set out below, however, please note the employee may be called on to perform other tasks as directed by the Head of Pre-Prep, Deputy Head Pastoral, Deputy Head Academic, Headmaster, Deputy Bursar, or anyone acting on their behalf.
• Supervising children in the dining room and assisting with the serving of food and maintaining Health and Safety standards
• Being responsible for pupils in the playground during their daily lunch break
• Organising games and activities for the pupils during this time
• Overseeing sensible use of playground equipment
• Taking an interest in each child and making sure they are all well cared for and occupied.
• Any other jobs deemed to be reasonable and appropriate to the role upon request from the Head of Pre-Prep and/or Deputy Head Pastoral or anyone acting on their behalf.
• Where necessary, to undergo on the job training under the general direction of the Head of Pre-Prep and the Deputy Head Pastoral to increase competence, proficiency and safety awareness
• First Aid training will be provided
• Attending CPD training outside the School where appropriate.
Please note that there may be some changes and additions to the above, which will be discussed before implementation and changes may occur as the post develops. This document is designed to provide applicants with a ‘flavour’ of the position and responsibilities.
The School Lunchtime Supervisor, as a member of the Support staff, is ultimately accountable to the Deputy Bursar. However, on a day-to-day basis he/she will work under the supervision of the Head of Pre-Prep and Deputy Head Pastoral, and be expected to work in co-operation with all staff at Hampton Pre-Prep & Prep.
The employee may be required to become a registered first aider and, if so, will be required to attend a First Aid at Work Course and such additional and refresher courses as may be advised. You will also be required to act as Fire Marshal as required. Training will be provided.
• A good sense of humour
• Committed and enthusiastic
• Calm, supportive and approachable to others
• Positive, resilient outlook
• Flexible and creative in approach
• Commitment to an involvement in the wider school life
• A willingness to be a part of a team, by establishing constructive working relationships with others
• Experience of working with children or a passion for working with children is essential
• Knowledge and appreciation of child development is desirable
• Childcare qualifications Level 3 or above is desirable or a desire to work towards childcare qualifications
• High levels of written and oral communications skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Able to use own initiative and motivate others
• Able to relate to and empathise with pupils, developing trust and respectful relationships with them
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.