An exciting opportunity to join this award-winning Independent School set in 21 acres of beautiful Berkshire countryside. If you are a keen and enthusiastic practitioner, looking to motivate and inspire our pupils then we would love to hear from you.
Cover Supervisor – Years 5 - 11 (FT, term time)
Holme Grange is a successful, traditional Independent School with a real soul. We aim to stimulate intellectual curiosity and encourage pupils to embrace challenge. We have high expectations, setting high standards for ourselves and our pupils. Pastoral care is the responsibility of every member of staff and is one of the many strengths of the School.
We have innovative, forward thinking staff with an understanding of how children learn and continue to learn ourselves. We offer a delightful working environment which is well resourced.
We have an opportunity for a motivated individual to take responsibility for groups and classes to cover the short- term absence or unavailability of the designated class teacher. Though the role could sometimes cover Year 5 and 6 (Prep) it is more likely to cover Years 7 – 11 (Eaton Grange).
This is an exciting opportunity for someone wishing to change careers or take their first step into teaching. The role can lead to teacher training opportunities, allowing for personal development with support from the School. Some of the key responsibilities include:
· To take registers in Engage; ensuring cover classes are registered;
· To supervise and direct the class to complete the work that has been set, in accordance with school policies;
· Liaise with other teaching staff & Heads of Department where appropriate regarding the work set;
· Follow the school procedure to collate work report back as required at the end of each lesson;
· To manage student behaviour in line with school policies and procedures;
· To establish good working relationships with students and act as a role model;
· To cover tutor groups where required; registering students/delivering tutor time activities;
· To liaise with the Senior Team re. cover and duties / work expectations each day;
· To take part in whole school training as required;
· To follow all safeguarding and data protection procedures;
· To provide general support as required by the school.
Holme Grange is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants for all jobs will undergo appropriate child-protection screening including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check to enhanced level. A Prohibition Check is also carried out. Holme Grange School is an equal opportunities employer.
Full details and application form available at www.holmegrange.org or by telephoning 0118 978 1566.
Closing date: Open until the position is filled Interviews: dates to be confirmed
School data powered by Pressburst
Heathlands Road, Wokingham, RG40 3AL
- 356 Day Boys (3-16)
- 310 Day Girls (3-16)
- IAPS, ISA, ISC
0118 978 1566 www.holmegrange.org
Closing Date: 31 May 2023
- Powered by Pressburst and Sherbert Jobs
- Advertise a job
- Terms & Privacy