The King’s School, Gloucester, is looking to appoint a Facilities Assistant to support the smooth running of the School’s day-to-day operations in conjunction with the wider Facilities, Estates and Grounds teams.
Required: As soon as possible
Salary: £21,314 per annum
Line Manager: Facilities Manager
Closing date: 1st June 2023 at 12:00 noon
Interview date: 8th June 2023
The King’s School, Gloucester, is looking to appoint a Facilities Assistant to support the School with general maintenance duties, ensuring events and functions are set up as required, and assisting with the opening & lock-up of School facilities. The successful candidate will take on a range of duties concerned with the School premises and support the smooth running of the School’s day-to-day operations in conjunction with the wider Facilities, Estates and Grounds teams.
The King’s School, Gloucester has a rich academic tradition dating back to its founding in 1541. It houses the longest-serving classroom in Europe and is held in high esteem amongst the local and wider community, winning Gloucestershire Independent School of the Year in 2020 and 2021, and being Highly Commended again in 2022. Following the 2022 ISI Inspection, King’s was proud to be declared excellent in all areas.
- Assure the site is clean and fit for purpose and escalate as required;
- Carry out minor repairs as they are observed and report to the Facilities Manager for major repairs as necessary;
- Assist Caretakers with opening & lock-ups when necessary;
- Carry out Health & Safety checks and routines as directed;
- Supervise external contractors on site as required;
- Assist with setting up rooms for examinations, normal School use and events;
- Assist with maintenance works around the site during School holidays;
- Carry out emergency cleaning as necessary;
- Clean the Estates Department van when required;
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance on School vehicles;
- Attend training courses as required;
- Undertake any other tasks or responsibilities that may reasonably be assigned by the Facilities Manager, Bursar or Headmaster.
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude;
- Capable of showing initiative, including the ability to think ahead and work flexibly;
- The ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise their own workload;
- High standards, accuracy and attention to detail, and be able to meet all deadlines;
- The ability to work across the whole School and establish good working relationships with pupils and staff;
- Excellent time keeping and attendance record.
Hours of Work
The Facilities Assistant will work 8am to 4:30pm, with an hour’s break, Monday to Friday. There may be other occasions when you are required to work, and remuneration for these hours will be given.
Holiday entitlement will be 25 days per annum plus Bank Holidays, rising to 30 days per annum after 5 years of service.
- A contributory pension through Aviva APTIS;
- Generous fee remission for children at King’s;
- Before / After School Care for children at King’s;
- Access to a Doctor for advice and short consultations;
- Staff Wellbeing Programme;
- Cycle to Work / Car Scheme;
Candidates should apply by sending a completed School Application Form and Covering Letter via email to email@example.com. A CV is not required.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 1st June 2023 at 12:00 noon, with interviews taking place on Thursday 8th June 2023. However, early applications are encouraged and King's reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the stated deadline.
For further information, please contact Mr Harry Fuller on 01452 337337 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The King’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including: references from previous employers, a Disclosure and Barring Service check at the enhanced level, as well as eligibility to work in the UK (in compliance with UK immigration regulations). Interviews will be conducted in person, and they will explore candidates’ suitability to work with children. In line with Keeping Children Safe in Education an online search will be carried out for short listed candidates only – this will consist of a Google and social media search. The search is looking for anything that calls into question the candidate’s suitability to work with children, or could cause harm to the reputation of The King’s School. Any information discovered will be shared with members of the interviewing panel prior to interview.
School data powered by Pressburst
Pitt Street, Gloucester, GL1 2BG
- 373 Day Boys (3-18)
- 363 Day Girls (3-18)
- HMC, IAPS, ISC
01452 337337 www.thekingsschool.co.uk
Closing Date: 01 June 2023
- Powered by Pressburst and Sherbert Jobs
- Advertise a job
- Terms & Privacy