Oratory Preparatory School
£42,000 to £48,000
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for an experienced Estates Manager with a proven track record to be responsible for both our sites within the Association.
The Estates Manager is responsible for both sites within the Association to ensure that the buildings and physical infrastructure of the Schools are maintained to a high standard of repair, meeting each School’s current and future needs, and that they remain compliant with all statutory requirements.
To ensure that repair, maintenance and small work projects are completed within given time and budgetary constraints.
Main areas of responsibility include:
• Buildings and accommodation
• Grounds and gardens
• School Security
• Health and Safety
• School Mini-buses and vehicles
• Management and supervision of external contractors employed with the estates department
• Co-ordination of School events in respect of facilities management
Main Duties of the Estates manager are:
• To ensure that essential services such as heat, light, electricity and water etc are available and appropriately maintained and monitored by the Schools, and to be prepared to react to, and control the schools’ responses to, emergency situations such as power cuts
• To ensure that the security of the Schools’ buildings and assets are maintained at all times.
• To ensure that new and reconstructed spaces are appropriately equipped with furniture, communication and essential services in accordance with good practice and statutory requirements.
• To establish and develop control and monitoring processes to ensure that the Schools meet their obligations under environmental regulations and good practice in areas of pollution control, energy reduction and waste management.
• To be responsible for the budgets associated with the activities of the post.
• To oversee the Health and Safety for the Schools and to provide operational support in matters of health and safety, particularly in the area of risk assessments and the operation of COSHH regulations.
• To identify external providers of goods and, agree costs and service levels and to ensure that all Contractors comply with safeguarding rules set out by the School.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.