Marketing and Communications Manager
To manage the planning and delivery of all school marketing communications to ensure that existing parents are well informed and engaged with the school community and to drive new interest/leads from prospective parents within the local catchment.
We are looking to recruit a great team player who is looking to be really involved in school life and deliver engaging internal and external marketing. The post is vacant so we can accommodate an immediate start or candidates with notice periods. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a new London prep school with amazing facilities and an exciting curriculum in central London.
Responsible for translating the strategic marketing plan into an annual communications plan which supports the strategic objectives and goals. The job holder will work closely with the Head of Marketing (London) to achieve this.
• This includes development of the best channel mix (inc digital) to deliver the communication objectives and monitoring performance over time to ensure the best return on investment.
• On a daily and weekly basis, the role will be delivering the communication plan which includes:
- Development of marketing collateral e.g. School Prospectus
- Briefing design agencies to create campaign materials.
- Creating content from school activities to drive social media activity and newsletters.
- Briefing media agencies to place advertising as and when necessary.
- Developing press releases where appropriate and executing a PR/media relations plan through local contacts to promote the USPs of the school.
- Management of school photography and videography, ensuring image resources are up to date and high quality.
• The job holder will also be responsible for organising and delivering the marketing events programme in school to optimise enquiries from new prospective parents.
• For existing parents, the job holder will need to work closely with key stakeholders in school to create relevant/engaging content for existing parent comms (e.g. social media, newsletters, flyers, and booklets).
• Monitor response via the Voice of Parent programme, ensuring any alerts receive action/response from the school and areas of weakness are escalated as product development issues
• Provide analysis to the Headmistress and Business Manager for decision-making on the detail of the communication to parents following VoP and future action/change.
• Conduct competitor research to benchmark the activities of the school against local competitors.
Manage the school brand within the school community including brand guidelines, visual identity etc
• Maintain the availability of statutory information on the school website including school contacts, proprietary information, policies etc.
• Contribute to Cognita’s planning of annual digital marketing activity and spend for the school, using PPC, SEO, brand awareness etc.
• Own the digital experience including management of the school website and related social media to promote latest events and news, working closely with the central digital team.
• Working closely with the Admissions Manager to recognise and be proactive in filling any potential gaps in enrolment by flexing the comms plan to reach out to target groups.
• Management of the marketing spend to ensure all activities are planned within agreed budgets.
• Any other duties, as required regularly or occasionally, to ensure the smooth running of marketing communications and the school.
• The job holder is responsible for GDPR compliance of all marketing activity.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.