Riddlesworth Hall School
Live in Houseparent required for Independent Prep School set in the heart of the Norfolk countryside. You will be in loco parentis and have overall charge for the pupils in your care, and responsible for coordinating a small team of Gap Year students
Start date: September 2019
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience. Accommodation provided.
Riddlesworth Hall School is situated in Diss, and sits in 35 acres of beautiful grounds and gardens, surrounded by the glorious Norfolk countryside. Owned by the Confucius Independent Education Group, Riddlesworth is a day and boarding school located only one-and-half hours by direct train from London.
We are currently looking to recruit a Houseparent* to join our small boarding house. You will be enthusiastic, have great interpersonal skills, enjoy being pro-active and working as part of a caring, hardworking team looking after pupils aged between 7 and 15, who are a mix of both weekly and full-time British and International boarders. This is a broad and exciting role, and a rare opportunity to live and work in a unique setting. As Houseparent;
• You will be in loco parentis and have overall charge for the pupils in your care, and responsible for coordinating a small team of Gap Year students.
• Wake every student in the morning for breakfast and morning registration and inspect student bedrooms, filling in appropriate paperwork.
• You will be the chief source of support and guidance in their academic and personal development.
• Report student illness to the School Office.
• Ensure the smooth running of the boarding house generally in accordance with school procedures to maintain a friendly, welcoming and happy environment.
• Help with student arrivals, student induction and departures when required.
• Ensure a visible presence in and around the premises of the boarding house at all times when on duty.
• Supervising the Breakfast Club and on occasion preparing evening meals for the boarders.
A full clean driver’s license is essential.
Experience of working in prep schools, games coaching, and a knowledge of other languages (French and Spanish) are desirable but not essential.
Accommodation is provided, as well as meals during term-time and living costs.
To apply, please complete the application pack and submit with a covering letter to HR@Riddlesworth-Hall.com.
*There may be an additional positions available for spouses/partners.
Closing date: Friday 1st March 2019
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.