Dependent on experience
An exciting and rewarding opportunity has arisen at Spring Grove School for a dynamic and enthusiastic Catering Manager to join the school.
We are looking to recruit a Catering Manager who is passionate about ensuring that children at Spring Grove are given the very best start in life with a healthy, balanced diet.
Duties for the Catering Manager will include:
- Overall management and delivery of outstanding catering to the whole school community, throughout the term and including internal and external special events
- Ensuring all allergen and dietary requirements are adhered to
- Undertaking regular deep cleans of the working kitchen and ensuring kitchen and serving areas are maintained to the highest standards in terms of presentation, hygiene and cleanliness
- Establishing a firm control over the department’s finances, formulating, presenting and agreeing budgets with the Bursar for all catering expenditure and staffing
- Ensuring the school’s regulatory and ISI compliance
Essential to requirements for the role:
- A passion for preparing fresh, balanced, nutritious meals for the whole school community
- A positive attitude and friendly approach to pupils, staff and parents
- Level 3 Food and Hygiene qualification
- A team player with effective communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of basic health and safety and food safety
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- COSHH Knowledge
To start October 2019
Contract: term time plus 3 weeks (38 weeks per year)
Hours: flexible 40 hours per week (7am-3.30pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch)
Salary: competitive, dependent on experience
Responsible to: the Bursar
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, highly motivated individual with a track record of success.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the Assistant Bursar, Mrs Angela Peirson, on 01233 812337.
Closing date for applications: 27th August 2019
Interviews (if selected): 5th September 2019
An application form and job description may also be downloaded from the school website www.springgroveschool.co.uk. This information pack, our terms of employment and an application form may also be requested by email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed application forms should be accompanied by a covering letter and should be marked Private and Confidential to Mrs A Peirson, Assistant Bursar, Spring Grove School, Harville Road, Wye, Ashford, Kent TN25 5EZ or emailed to email@example.com. CVs alone will not be accepted.
Spring Grove School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS clearance and satisfactory employment references which will be taken up prior to interview (if selected).
This post will involve both direct and indirect contact with children. In accordance with the Children’s Act 1989, on appointment post holders will be required to commit to their responsibilities with regards to safeguarding.
Spring Grove School benefits:
Competitive salary and benefits
Free school lunches (term time only)
Free onsite car parking
A friendly, supportive working environment and staff
Corporate Health Care
Private Pension Scheme
Discounted Spring Grove School fees after successful probation period
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.