Early Years Practitioner (Full time)
St Joseph's College Reading Prep
St Joseph's has it's own salary scale
St Joseph’s College is seeking to appoint a Level 3 qualified Early Years Practitioner from August 2019 (or September for the right candidate). This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled practitioner to join our friendly and supportive school.
St Joseph’s Early Years Centre, for children aged 3 to 5, is open all year round from 8.00am to 6.00pm. Staff work 8 hours per day on a weekly rotating shift system, covering the hours of 7.30am to 6.00pm.
The post-holder will be responsible in the first instance to the Head of Early Years, but also during term time to the Early Years Teacher. During Holiday Club that responsibility passes to Manager of the Early Years Centre.
Applicants should be:
• A team player
• Able to use their initiative
• Positive and have a flexible approach
• Committed to supporting pupils to realise and achieve their full potential
Three qualities are essential:
1. You must be a first rate practitioner who has a real enthusiasm for teaching
2. You must enjoy the pastoral aspects of supporting pupils’ learning
3. You must want to contribute to the extra-curricular activities of the College
In fulfilling the requirements of the post, the practitioner should demonstrate essential professional characteristics, and in particular will:
• Inspire trust and confidence in pupils and colleagues
• Be committed to working with colleagues as part of a team
• Engage and motivate pupils
• Demonstrate analytical thinking to improve the quality of pupils’ learning
• Be a reflective practitioner
• Contribute to the College improvement/development planning and promote the learning priorities of the College Development Plan
• Contribute to the development and/or implementation of College policies
• Participate in the performance management process to advance pupil learning and enhance professional practice in line with the College aspirations and priorities
• Uphold the values and mission of St Joseph’s College and maintain them both inside and outside the classroom
• Promote the wider aspirations and values of the College
For further details about the school please visit our website http://www.sjcr.org.uk
Applicants for this post need to complete the application form and return it together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic application is encouraged and preferred.
Closing date: Friday 26 July 2010 (noon)
Interview Date: Friday 9 August 2019
We are unable to accept CVs as a method of application.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.