St Andrew's Prep
St Andrew’s Prep is seeking a qualified & experienced Registered Nurse to be available on a part-time basis to ensure that all pupils are medically cared for as appropriate in a school setting, in liaison with doctors, staff, parents & guardians.
St Andrew’s Prep is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Registered Nurse to be available on a part time basis to assist the Senior Nurse and ensure the health, happiness and wellbeing of all boarding, day children and staff as and when required.
An essential part of the job is communication with parents, boarding staff, school office, teaching staff, tutors, kitchen staff etc over any matters relevant to them or their care of the children. Any matter of concern must in the first instance be reported to the member of staff who holds overall responsibility for the children in his/her care. Total involvement in the pastoral care of the children is paramount.
Specific Duties include:
The post holder is required to assist the Senior Nurse with all matters relating to the welfare of the children, including the following:
• Routine and emergency treatment of all children and school personnel
• Administering medicines etc as prescribed by the School Doctor
• Administering medicine, vitamins etc to boarding children
• Caring for children in the medical centre
• Contacting house staff, parents and the school office as necessary
• Liaising with the Catering Department re any special meal requirements for pupils
• Accurately maintaining medical records as required (both written and on a computerised database)
• Providing and updating First Aid kits
• Administering First Aid
• Ensure aware of and apply the Child Protection Regulations
• Responsibility for children signed off from Games
• Attending training courses as required
• The post holder’s responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young persons for whom s/he is responsible, or with whom s/he comes into contact will be to adhere to and ensure compliance with the School’s Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Statement at all times.
• If in the course of carrying out the duties of the post the post holder becomes aware of any actual or potential risks to the safety or welfare of children in the School s/he must report any concerns to the School’s Designated Safeguarding Lead or, if he/she is the School’s DSL, to the Headmaster and relevant agencies.
• Any affiliated duties to ensure that the department runs smoothly and any other duties considered relevant and necessary to the post.
Applicants should have had relevant post registration experience preferably in a school environment. The successful applicant will be required to work autonomously after an appropriate induction.
Applicants must be non-smokers and a Registered Nurse.
Working hours (term time only):
• Tuesdays 12.30pm to 6.00pm
• Wednesdays 8.30am to 6.00pm
Flexibility is essential to ensure adequate provision of medical cover during normal School hours.
Further information including the job description and application form are available on the website www.standrewsprep.co.uk/contact/employment-opportunities or contact Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01323 452239
Closing date: 26 July 2019
St Andrew’s Prep is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.