Head of Music
St Aubyn's School
St. Aubyn’s School seeks to appoint an inspiring and creative professional to lead its flourishing Music Department from January 2020.
Music is a key part of school life at St. Aubyn’s, with the majority of children learning at least one instrument and being involved in the department’s extra-curricular activities. With almost 200 instrumental lessons per week, the department is supported by a team of 16 peripatetic staff, who along with two part-time music teachers, run an extensive extra-curricular programme.
The school’s 13 ensembles include 2 orchestras, 2 choirs and a jazz ensemble as well as a range of other instrumental and vocal groups. Musical productions are staged each term in different parts of the school and the department organises two large-scale external concerts per year, as well as smaller internal concerts and assembly performances. Kodály-inspired musicianship training is currently taught in most areas of the school and knowledge of this would be an advantage.
The music department has grown significantly in recent years, and is a vibrant and creative place to learn. The successful candidate will bring their own unique skills and continue to evolve music at St. Aubyn’s.
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic and motivated individual with a passion for promoting music to all children.
- A confident conductor, able to retain the high standard of the school’s instrumental ensembles.
- A capable pianist, able to accompany hymns in assembly and instrumental/vocal performances.
- An experienced teacher of music across the key stages, with the ability to inspire a lifelong love of music throughout the school.
- A strong leader, capable of managing a team of peripatetic staff and other two part-time music teachers.
- A creative and passionate teacher with vision to evolve the curriculum and department using their own unique skillset.
The School welcomes applications from experienced Heads of Music and committed and talented Music teachers who feel a Head of Music role is their next career move.
For further details and an application pack, please visit our website http://staubyns.com/about/vacancies/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 23 September 2019
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 3 October 2019 (AM)
St Aubyn’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.