KS2/Prep Class Teacher - September 2019
St Margaret's Preparatory School
We are looking to appoint a well-qualified and dynamic KS2 Class Teacher to work within our vibrant Prep Department. This post would be particularly suitable for a candidate with current 11+ Common Entrance experience.
The successful candidate will:
- be educated to a degree and teaching qualification standard
- teach those subjects and classes as agreed with the Headmistress
- lead a subject area or aspect throughout the school in agreement with the Headmistress
- support the St Margaret’s extra-curricular programme
- ensure that each child maximises his/her potential
- encourage each child to feel confident and play a full part in class and school life
- encourage children to behave responsibly within the classroom and school environment
- encourage children and parents towards greater independence
- prepare children to be contributing members of a caring society
- be adaptable and have a good sense of humour!
In return we will offer the successful candidate:
- a busy and vibrant working environment
- happy children with a ‘have a go’ attitude
- welcoming and supportive colleagues
- competitive salary and pension
Salary will be dependent on experience. Unfortunately, this role is not suitable for NQTs.
St Margaret’s is an independent day school in Calne, Wiltshire for approximately 200 boys and girls aged 3-11. In its latest ISI inspection in May 2017 it was rated Excellent across the board. The school shares an impressive 27 acre campus and facilities with St Mary’s School, Calne, which is surrounded by the rural tranquility of the Wiltshire Downs.
In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy, CVs will not be accepted. All applicants will be required to complete an application form. To download a copy, please visit https://www.stmargaretsprep.org.uk/our-community/staff-vacancies
Closing date: Monday 18th March.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 21st March.
Job Type: Permanent, Full-time. Start: September 2019
St Margaret’s Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The school has Charity Status and exists for the education of children. Registered charity No 309482
Add a Vacancy
Any school with a Head in membership of IAPS can add job vacancies to this website. The site is powered by Pressburst – a communications platform developed by Attain in partnership with ISC and the Associations, including HMC, GSA, IAPS and The Society of Heads.